Monday, November 29, 2010

Start from the beginning when you were a beginner...

I'm only four months into this journey, but I know I will never stop being new at this.  I'll be new at this the first time he gets sick. The first time he crawls or walks.  The first day of kindergarten.  The first day of college.  When I watch him get married.  All of it will be new to me.  All of it.

And if some day we are blessed with more children, well those firsts will be just as new.  Because they will be different.

Every time I think I'm getting the hang of it, another curve ball is sent my way.  A new skill, a new milestone, a new ailment.  And even if there's nothing new with the baby, then it's something else.  There's no pause button on this crazy life.

I have been mentally writing the entries to this blog for about two months and I'm finally just going to jump in and do it.  An agreement I've made with myself is to try to practice keeping a dialectical stance throughout the entries on this blog.  To remember insert the AND in everything I say.  Something can be true AND its opposite can be true as well.  Find the yin and yang in everything.

I can have absolutely no clue what I'm doing with this kid AND I can be doing it completely right.
I can have trouble finding time to get anything done AND I can find the time to write this blog.
I can completely disagree with 95% of the advice I get from other mothers AND I can still want to hear what they have to say.

So there we go.  I did it.  I started my blog.  More to come.  So much more to come.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're doing this, Amanda! I've got a personal blog I don't share with anyone, mostly because it serves as my diary, but I've been pondering creating a public one as well. You've got a great subject that will lead to great material, so I'm anxious to read about your journey! Maybe I'll join the motherhood "bandwagon" soon enough myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Pin me!