Monday, January 30, 2012

I'm gonna give all my secrets away...

I have a confession.  I’ve been keeping a secret since early May.
No.  I’m not pregnant.
A little over three years ago, I made a vow to my husband to be true to him in good times and in bad.  To love him and honor him forever and always.
In May, I had to make good on that promise.

I always knew it was a possibility.  He was up front and honest about it from the very beginning.  He was always supportive of me, my career, of everything I wanted to do with my life (outside of being a wife and a mother) -  how can I help but reciprocate?
So, in October when he officially asked me to make good on this promise I made, I did so gladly.  Without hesitation.  Without fear.

When the man you love tells you he will do everything in his power to provide for his family, you believe him.
When the man you love works his ass off “bringing home the bacon” and doing all he can to help us not to feel the effects of this shitty economy, you’re proud of him.
And, when the man you love tells you he has to move your family to Chicago to keep the job that puts a roof over your head and food on your table, you go.

Without hesitation.  Without fear.

You leave the city you have called home for almost 30 years and you strap on your armor and go into the light.

Dear readers, I’m giving all my secrets away.
We're moving to Chicago.
Stay tuned.

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing all about your new life in a new city!!! Wowzers

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll help to make this your second home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know we haven't been able to see much of each other, but I've been keeping a close eye on your updates and blog. I'll be so sad to see you go, but thrilled for a new opportunity for your family!

    Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll love the windy city-- welcome! We just moved here last summer, so if you need any relocation info it's all pretty fresh in my mind still :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh!!! How wonderful! You guys can always come back, but just think how much fun that little adventure will be with your boys! :) So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Pin me!