Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Messing with the flavor...

Can anyone else believe it is September already?  I thought my summer break just started!



The great thing about September is that you can serve up some delicious meals in the crock pot which give you a nice taste of fall, but it is still warm enough outside that you're able to cook on the grill.  My husband is our grill chef, so I'm usually okay with sending him outside no matter what it is like outside, but you may not be so lucky! :)

I've been asked by countless friends to share my meal plans for every month.  Please keep in mind that although I do attempt to make our meal lists balanced and budgeted, that there will always be tweaks along the way both for my family and for yours to make it successful.  I'm sharing recipes (both old and new) that I'm using this month and I will make sure to do a round-up at the end of the month on how I felt some of the new recipes turned out.  I'll also do at least one tutorial a month on a recipe that we've developed ourselves (or one that we have tweaked from a Pinterest recipe to fit our needs.)

Keep in mind that some days I won't be cooking, so there I've usually just listed "No meal plan."  We end up eating leftovers, making sandwiches, grabbing a bite out to eat, or eating at someone else's house on those nights.  If we bring a dish to someone's house, I will share that recipe as well.  You can never have enough of those, can you?

So, here is September.  Click on the links for recipes (or pictures where appropriate!)  If a recipe isn't available, I will likely be sharing it on the blog soon.  Please let me know if you see any broken/dead links.  I will do my best to fix them ASAP.  New recipes are denoted with a star (*)!

{September 2013}

Sunday, September 1 - Hamburger Soup; French Bread with Honey Butter

Monday, September 2 - Chipotle Bowls 

Tuesday, September 3 - Homemade Pizza (We just make crust using the recipe on the back of the pizza yeast package, throw together a quick marinara, and top it with our favorites.  Don't be afraid to just go Boboli - love that stuff - or make one of those awesome looking Cauliflower Pizza Crusts.  It's all yummy in the world of pizza.

Wednesday, September 4 - Pulled Pork Tenderloin, Oven Roasted Corn, Tator Tots (Who doesn't love a good tot?)

Oven Roasted Corn


Thursday, September 5 - Broccoli Cheddar Soup*, Fresh Bread (probably grab some from Bread Co.), Bagged Salad (So easy, our favorite brand is the Marketside from Walmart - what's yours?) {Click here for recipe review.}

Friday, September 6 - Cilantro Lime Pasta Salad with Chicken* (The key to this being a "Friday meal" is that it's one simple dish.  You don't want a meal with a ton of components to make clean up in the kitchen easy so you can start the weekend out right!  We also love to utilize our grill as much as possible to relegate the mess to out of the house!) {Click here for recipe review.}

Saturday, September 7 - Bruschetta Chicken Bake, Bagged Salad (Not going to lie, there is a lot of processed food in this recipe, but it is a family favorite and is SO easy.  We only have this a few times a year to avoid the high sodium.  Then again, I did just wax poetic on the concept of Tator Tots.)

Sunday, September 8 - Braised Short Ribs, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Broccoli (The short ribs recipe is actually my husband's and even I don't know how to make it entirely.  I asked him to share it with me and he literally said, "Wait, why?"  I said, "Oh, I want to post the recipe for my blog readers" and he said, "Ohhhh, no no no no.  No. Way."  So, I linked to one I found on Pinterest and hope that some day I will be lucky enough to know how to make the blessed recipe.  Good thing he still lets me eat it!  It really is the best thing ever.)

Monday, September 9 - Baked Artichoke Chicken*, Steamed Asparagus, Brown Rice {Click here for recipe review.}

Tuesday, September 10 - Pizza Soup*, French Bread, Bagged Caesar Salad {Click here for recipe review.}

Wednesday, September 11 - Grilled Pork Chops, Garlic Roasted Zucchini, Whole Wheat Spaghetti Cacio e pepe {Click here for recipe review.}

Cacio e pepe

Thursday, September 12 - Grilled Street Corn Salad with Cilantro Butter Shrimp* {We ended up subbing with this recipe because I overestimated my ability to make this on a week night.}

Friday, September 13 - Sloppy Joes, Chips, Cole Slaw (Our Sloppy Joes are a family recipe, so we do not make them from a can. I'll share it here if I can get permission. You can make your family's favorite recipe.)

Saturday, September 14 - Game Night (No meal plan.)

Sunday, September 15 - Smoked Sausage Pasta{Click here for recipe review.}

Monday, September 16 - Leftovers! (No meal plan.)

Tuesday, September 17 - Chicken Quesadillas, Amanda's Famous Guacamole (I couldn't share this recipe even if I wanted to.  I know it like the back of my hand and base my measurements on a feeling more than an actual recipe.  It's intense.), Cilantro Lime Brown Rice

Wednesday, September 18 - Crock Pot "Fried" Rice*, Bagged Asian Salad {Click here for recipe review.}

Thursday, September 19 - Shake N Bake Pork Chops, Roasted Acorn Squash (Recipe to come!), Bagged Salad

Friday, September 20 - Hamburgers (In order to share this recipe, I would have to also share my husband who is a wizard on the grill and you can't have him because he makes the best hamburgers. in. the. world!) Potato Wedges, Cole Slaw

Potato Wedges


Saturday, September 21 - Lemon Chicken Bruschetta Pasta*; Bagged Caesar Salad; French Bread {Click here for recipe review.}

Sunday, September 22 - Chili (Make your own recipe and serve it with all of the fun fixings - cheese, onion, Fritos, elbow macaroni, etc!)

Monday, September 23 - Leftovers (No meal plan.)

Tuesday, September 24 - Pizzadillas; Bagged Caesar Salad

Pizzadilla


Wednesday, September 25 - Chicken Caesar Sandwiches on Ciabatta, Chips

Thursday, September 26 - World's Best Chicken; Sauteed Green Beans, Smashed Potatoes*

Friday, September 27 - No meal plan.

Saturday, September 28 - No meal plan.

Sunday, September 29 - No meal plan.

Monday, September 30 - Chicken Stroganov, Whole Wheat Egg Noodles, Oven Roasted Broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin me!