Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Take a cup of kindness yet...

Though 2013 was a great year for me and my family (and one without any major changes, which is such a blessing, let me tell you...), I'm excited for what the year 2014 has to bring us.  It seems an exponential amount of my friends and family are getting married or having babies in the coming year and that makes me really excited for all that entails.  My own sister is getting married and I'm matron of honor in her wedding, so I could not be more excited for the next year in which we will embark upon a ton of fun wedding-related festivities.




But, hearing about what I'm looking forward to in 2014 is not why you're visiting the blog today, I'm sure.  You're here because you can't wait to hear what the NMOTB family will be eating in January.  (Please, contain your excitement.)

Unlike last month in which we were either traveling or being entertained (and fed) elsewhere for most of the month, I actually had to have a meal plan for every night of the month (a rarity).  You'll see I've rewarded myself with some easy meals (as well as making my husband the chef on a few occasions).  So enjoy these ideas.  I'm sure there will be changes (there are every month), but so far this is looking pretty good!  (Also - since I'm on winter break I had a really hard time orienting myself with the calendar - there have been changes made to this already mostly because I didn't know what day of the week it was when I wrote it.  Next Monday when I return to work is going to be a rude awakening!)

Meals with a "*" next to them are new recipes I am trying out.  As you may notice...there are a lot of them this month.  Phew...  So, make sure you check back on the blog throughout the month for my reviews!

{January 2014}

January 1, 2014 - Breaded Pork Chops; Sauteed Zucchini/Squash; Cinnamon Apples


January 2, 2014 - Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef*; New Potatoes; Steamed Broccoli {Click here for recipe review!}

January 3, 2014 - Hamburgers; Diced Potatoes {This is a simple recipe that my husband got from a friend of his in college.  I'll try to share it sometime!}; Broccoli Slaw (My own take on a pretty common oil/vinegar slaw recipe.)

January 4, 2014 - Quick Lime Cilantro Chicken*; Fiesta Lime Rice{Click here for recipe reviews!}

January 5, 2014 - Angel Chicken; Angel Hair Pasta; Steamed Asparagus

January 6, 2014 - Tilapia; Roasted Zucchini & Carrots; Cous Cous

January 7, 2014 - Hamburger Casserole {Click here for this NMOTB original recipe!}; Bagged Salad


January 8, 2014 - Chicken Verde Tacos; Cilantro Lime Rice

January 9, 2014 - Buffalo Pork Chops; Pasta Alfredo; Steamed Peas

January 10, 2014 - Sloppy Joes (My husband's family's special recipe, I can't give it out, but I can tell you that this recipe is AWESOME); Tater Tots; Corn

January 11, 2014 - Chicken Tortilla Soup{Click here for recipe review!}

January 12, 2014 - Spaghetti (Top secret family recipe that has been passed down in my husband's family for generations.  Special side note, we actually serve the sauce over rigatoni noodles instead of spaghetti.  But trust me, in my husband's family, everyone knows what you mean when you say you're having spaghetti.  This is the recipe that I cite as the reason why I married my husband); Salad; Bread

January 13, 2014 - Greek Stuffed Pitas*; Greek Side Salad {Click here for recipe review!}

January 14, 2014 - Homemade Pizza (We make the crust, the sauce, and don't skimp on our favorite toppings.  Homemade pizza crust is surprisingly easy to make and you can find it on the back of the pizza yeast package.  Being a family full of experimental cooks, we obviously add our own flair, but you'd be surprised how simple a homemade crust can be!); Bagged Salad


January 15, 2014 - Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers*; Egg Noodles; Salad

January 16, 2014 - Orange Chicken*; Brown Rice; Asian Salad

January 17, 2014 - Beef Tacos; Guacamole; Cilantro Lime Rice

January 18, 2014 - World's Best Chicken; Smashed Potatoes*; Roasted Brussel Sprouts (Sigh.  Here's hoping we actually get to eat this.)

January 19, 2014 - CHILI!

January 20, 2014 - Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce; Salad

January 21, 2014 - Quinoa Fried Rice*; Salad

January 22, 2014 - Buffalo Chicken Wraps; Tater Tots (Yes, twice in one month.  I love me some tots.)

January 23, 2014 - Lemony Chicken & Orzo*; Salad

January 24, 2014 - OUT TO DINNER (After all of this cooking, I'm gonna need a break.)


January 25, 2014 - Chipotle Grilled Steak with Lime Butter*; Baked Potatoes; Steamed Asparagus (Another meal I really hope we actually get to eat.  I think this has been on the menu for going on 4 months.)

January 26, 2014 - Braised Short Ribs; Mashed Potatoes; Roasted Zucchini (Both the short ribs and mashed potatoes are our own recipes!)

January 27, 2014 - Chicken Parmigiana; Pesto Pasta; Steamed Broccoli

January 28, 2014 - Baked Chicken Chimichangas*; Guacamole

January 29, 2014 - Slow Cooker Classic Beef Stew*; Bread


January 30, 2014 - Skillet Chili Mac*; Cornbread

January 31, 2014 - Chicken Caesar Salad

1 comment:

  1. Great menu plan for a month, i save the lists and click few links to find out the recipes, thank you for sharing. Oh, congratulation for your sister, happy blessing for her. Regards

    ReplyDelete

Pin me!