Monday, December 30, 2013

In a hurry to get things done...

Throughout the month, I will be sharing new recipes I have tried as part of our meal plan.  Unsurprisingly, this month was filled with meal plan changes due to some impromptu social events, illness (ugh, again), and just generally being too busy to cook every night.  I'm putting a lot of meals we didn't have back on our meal plan for January so check back tomorrow when I'll be sharing the first menu of 2014.  Remember, I also repin the pins for all of the recipes I try through Pinterest on my board "I Made This" so make sure you are following!

Lemon Parmesan Chicken Skillet - My husband loved this so much and raved about it the next day when he ate the leftovers.  I thought it was pretty good, but also felt the flavor needed some enhancing.  It also wasn't the easiest meal for a weeknight, so by the time we were sitting down to actually eat, I was a bit on the exhausted side.  Definitely worth a try and definitely worth repeating (perhaps with some tweaks next time.)

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff - Beef Stroganoff was a favorite in my house growing up.  I've looked for a long time for a simpler recipe than the one my mom would always make, but that wouldn't sacrifice the flavor.  I would say this one came pretty close.  The beef we used fell apart a lot in the slow cooker as it cooked and that made the finished product (which I sadly did not take a picture of) look a little off-putting.  The taste, however, was fantastic.  Maybe we can figure out a cut of beef that doesn't fall apart so much, or we can cook it for a shorter period of time next time.  Without a doubt, this is a repeatable recipe.  Very tasty.


Chicken Parmesan Roll-Ups - My husband loved this and raved about it.  It just didn't do much for me.  I think, again, it was a lot of work for a weeknight meal and the end product wasn't all that great.  (I think I'm still hung up on my Chicken Parmigiana recipe, to tell the truth.)

Chipotle Grilled Steak with Lime Butter - Someday, I promise I will make this meal.  I hope that it will not grace the January meal plan only to be ignored again.  But, I can obviously make no promises.  I swear it looks delicious to me (and I'm not even that much of a steak eater), but I continue to plan it for nights when we end up not eating at home.  The same goes for my World's Best Chicken and Smashed Potatoes meal.  I feel like I'll never get around to that one either.  Oh well.

-----

So, what's looking good to you all for next month?  Does anyone have a resolution to eat healthier in 2014?  My husband is making that one of his goals, and so if you have any great recipes to share, our family would love to try them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin me!