Sunday, March 2, 2014

Nothing ever came from a life that was a simple one...

Okay, sorry for the delay - I'm back with my March meal plan!


As I'm sure I've mentioned here before, we're a Catholic family and so with Lent steadily approaching, you'll notice that on Ash Wednesday and the next several Fridays, we will be abstaining from meat (dates denoted with italics).  Later on in the month, I am going to do a post about making Lenten meals work for our family (especially since my husband used to not eat seafood!)  The post is inspired by Lent, but will feature tons of great ideas for those interested in meatless meal plans (religious practices aside) as well!

Last month's meal plan was interrupted with lots of illness (blah) and social engagements (whoo hoo!) as well as weather cancellations due to our grill being buried under about a foot of snow (also, blah.)  We're throwing a few of those things back onto the menu, but you know how it always goes...we're being flexible.  I can already see the changes on the horizon.

But...this is the meal plan as it stands today!  (As usual, I'm trying a few new recipes this month and I will review them all...along with everything for January and February.  Whoops.  These recipes are denoted with a "*".  Follow my "I Made This" board on Pinterest for more timely recipe reviews and LOTS of obsessive pinning.)

{March 2014}

Saturday, March 1 - Burgers, Tator Tots, Salad

Sunday, March 2 - Pork Carnitas; Fiesta Lime Rice

Monday, March 3 - Leftovers

Tuesday, March 4 - I will be dining out with my Book Club, so the boys are fending for themselves!

Thursday, March 6 - Italian Chicken (Recipe can be found on the back of Italian Style Progresso Panko Crumbs - it's delightful!); Pasta; Salad

Friday, March 7 - Cajun Shrimp Pasta (My own recipe! Check back for details later in the month!); Salad

Saturday, March 8 - Chipotle Grilled Steak with Lime Butter*; Smashed Potatoes*; (UGH, I WILL TRY TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN.)


Sunday, March 9 - Quinoa Chili*; Bread

Monday, March 10 - Italian Chicken with Tomato and Basil*; Pesto Pasta; Salad

Tuesday, March 11 - Sloppy Joes (A family recipe); Tator Tots; Cole Slaw

Wednesday, March 12 - Chicken Caesar Sandwiches; Chips

Friday, March 14 - FISH FRY!  (I took my husband to his first EVER [I know, can you believe?] good old fashioned Catholic church fish fry and we all LOVED it.  Making this an official tradition.)

Saturday, March 15 -  No meal plan. (I'll be visiting my family, so I'm banking on my mom's famous Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe in honor of the St. Patrick's Day holiday. Fingers crossed!)

Sunday, March 16 - No meal plan. (I'll be spending the night rocking out with my old band for a charity benefit.  Dinner will be provided.  Rockstar status also included.)


Monday, March 17 - Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Sauce*; Asparagus (I know, about as un-Irish as you can get!)

Tuesday, March 18 - Grilled Pork Chops; Grilled Vegetables; Cacio e Pepe

Wednesday, March 19 - Salsa ChickenCilantro Lime Rice; Corn

Thursday, March 20 - Stuffed Peppers; Bread

Friday, March 21 - MARCH MADNESS (We're headed out to watch some of the games with a group of friends in honor of my most FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR.  RCJHGOKU, by the way.)

Sunday, March 23 - Vegetable Beef Soup (Soup season is slowly fading away [or at least we hope it is!] so we want to make sure we make our Fall/Winter favorite one last time!  I wish I was willing to share this recipe because it is downright incredible. Oh well...)

Monday, March 24 - Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken; Pesto Orzo; Sauteed Zucchini

Tuesday, March 25 - Homemade Pepperoni Pizza; Salad

Wednesday, March 26 - Italian Roast Sandwiches on Brioche; Fettucini Alfredo; Salad


Thursday, March 27 - Simple Chicken and Rice Soup*; Bread

Friday, March 28 Spinach Artichoke Pasta; Salad

Saturday, March 29 - Grilled Chicken with Barley Corn Salad; Broccoli

Sunday,  March 30 - Pot Roast (Another favorite which needs to be on the menu before it gets to warm outside to enjoy it!)

Monday, March 31 - Chicken Bruschetta Bake; Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin me!