Friday, April 4, 2014

What was dark so long had felt like winter; finally there's sun...


I need something to shame me into being a better blogger, I think.  Work is crazy (in a good way) with no chance of slowing down until the summer.  My spring break went by in a blink.  And here we are - April.  And spring.  (Though, I was wearing gloves outside today, we all know in Chicago that spring doesn't really start until May.)  I haven't read a book in the longest time (though I did get to go see Divergent while I was on spring break and it was AWESOME). I think I finally sort of caught up on my cleaning this week.  But piles of laundry will grow.  Surfaces will get dusty.  And before I know it, it will be summer and I'll already feel behind on things I need to get done before the fall.

All of this to say?  I'm sorry I haven't been writing.  And I don't really have a good explanation for it.  Also, I made so many promises (Recipe reviews!  Lenten meal ideas!  New recipes!) of things I would be featuring on the blog this month...and I totally failed.  So, instead, I make no promises on the blog for the month of April and then anything that makes it up here will be a bonus.

Okay, I can make one promise -  I have a meal plan to share with you!

So, here's that.  As for the rest of April?  Fingers are crossed.

Meals with a "*" next to the name are recipes we will be trying out for the first time.  And usually I review those recipes here on the blog, but in the interest of "no promises," I'll just tell you to check me out on Pinterest (especially my "I Made This" board) to see initial reactions.

{April 2014}


Tuesday, April 1 - Taco Salad (We marinaded chicken using a DIY Taco Seasoning recipe [amazing, I will totally never go back to the packet] and this dressing which I've made before [subbing 0% Plain Greek Yogurt for the sour cream.]  The whole meal was delightful.)

Wednesday, April 2 - BBQ Pork Tenderloin; Cole Slaw; New Potatoes

Thursday, April 3 - Very Greek Grilled Chicken*; Greek Cous Cous; Salad

Friday, April 4 - One Pot Pasta; Caesar Salad

Saturday, April 5 - {No meal plan.}

Sunday, April 6 - {No meal plan.}

Monday, April 7 - Cilantro Lime Pasta Salad

Tuesday, April 8 - {No meal plan.}

Wednesday, April 9 - Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef; Risotto; Steamed Broccoli


Thursday, April 10 - Spinach & Mushroom Smothered Chicken*; Brown Rice; Salad

Friday, April 11 - Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Marinade; Cilantro Lime Rice; Guacamole

Saturday, April 12 - Grilled Pork Tenderloin (we usually get one that is already in a marinade, but you could also make your own marinade for this); Grilled Vegetables; Spaghetti Aglio, Olio, e Peperoncino

Sunday, April 13 - Spaghetti; Salad; Bread

Monday, April 14 - Buffalo Pork Chops; Alfredo Pasta; Peas

Tuesday, April 15 - Chicken Pesto Cavatappi; Salad

Wednesday, April 16 - Chicken Quesadillas; Cilantro Lime Rice; Guacamole

Thursday, April 17 - {No meal plan.} (Wow, April is really easy!)

Friday, April 18 - Spinach Artichoke Pasta; Salad (Didn't get to this meal last month since I was presenting at the Great Lakes Regional AMTA conference, but it's definitely a meatless favorite!)

Saturday, April 19 - Order in.

Sunday, April 20 - EASTER SUNDAY!


Monday, April 21 - Italian Chicken with Artichoke/Tomato; Pesto Pasta; Salad

Tuesday, April 22 - Book Club! {No meal plan.}

Wednesday, April 23 - Beef Dip Sandwiches; Chips; Steamed Broccoli

Thursday, April 24 - Fiesta Chicken; Cilantro Lime Rice

Friday, April 25 - {No meal plan.}

Saturday, April 26 - {No meal plan.}

Sunday, April 27 - {No meal plan - I'll be celebrating Easter with my family and we're having a taco bar, so I'll be bringing my world famous [okay, not quite, but it's good] guacamole!}

Monday, April 28 - {No meal plan.}

Tuesday, April 29 - {No meal plan.}

Wednesday, April 30 - Hamburgers; Tator Tots; Asian Cole Slaw

1 comment:

  1. These are yummy looking. A friend of mine lost the pregnancy weight really quickly after deciding to eat clean. This must also be good for breast milk as well!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin me!