Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Oink, oink, diggity dear...

Please add this post to the every growing list of New Mom on the Blog posts that are nothing about being a "new mom."  Also add it to the also lengthy list of blog posts tagged under "shameless self-promotion."
Jazz hands for days.

As I teased in my previous post (and blamed for my two-month blog hiatus), I had the pleasure of seeing a school year's worth of work come to fruition at my place of employment.  For the entire school year, we've been working on putting together our very first musical at the school I work for, and on June 6 what was once a silly dream became a magical reality.  To describe it in words doesn't seem fair - it was truly one of the coolest things I've every done.

In a rare NMOTB moment, I am sharing an interview I did with my co-worker, colleague, and friend Tyler on his podcast (The Urban Therapist) which I actually listen to weekly and LOVE.  (Does anyone else listen to podcasts?  Tyler got me hooked and I can't imagine my commute without them now.)  So, not only will you get to find out what I've been doing instead of blogging for the past few months, you'll get to hear me speak about what I do as a music therapist.  (Well, one of the things I do as a music therapist, there's a little more to it than this if you can believe it.)

The first half of the podcast is my interview followed by comments by the hosts (Tyler & Andrea).  They continue after the Three Piggy Opera part of the podcast with even more intriguing things (such as homemade kefir and public transit.)  I highly recommend you subscribe and listen to them - I generally learn something new and interesting (sometimes unrelated to music therapy) and am always quite entertained.  (And I'm not just saying that because they spend a large portion of this episode saying nice things about me...this podcast is one of my favorites.)

So - listen, enjoy, learn something new.
Follow this link and there are options for streaming the podcast or for downloading it for free on iTunes.



3 comments:

  1. Aww, you are sweet Amanda. Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad I don't have to sit across the desk from some lamewad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Pin me!