Wednesday, November 30, 2011

They say it's your birthday...

Well, readers.  I screwed  up.
I thought my bloggiversary was today.
It was actually yesterday.
I was happy to spend it guest blogging over at Literal Mom, though that wasn't exactly the plan.
Isn't that just how motherhood is, though?
You make a plan, only to have to change and adapt it to fit the needs of the moment.

So, one day late - here it is.
Happy (belated) birthday, New Mom on the  Blog.

-----

I have had a post planned since August about my first few weeks of motherhood.
I haven't found the right words yet, but suffice it to say - I wasn't doing well in those first few weeks.

Trite as it may sound, the blogging world brought me out of the funk.  I am forever indebted to smart phones because it was that connection to the outside world that kept my head above water.

Around the time I returned to work, I started having ideas for blog posts - most of which were in response to things I had read.  From those ideas, New Mom on the Blog was born.

It was a humble beginning, indeed.
I didn't want to share my blog with anyone I knew because I was afraid of what they would think (both of my writing and of my parenting.)

But, after I had a few good posts under my belt.  I started sharing it with the world.
The encouragement I have received from my friends has been simply overwhelming.  The people I have "met" from blogging are just incredible.  The lessons I have learned are innumerable.

I want to thank RANTS FROM MOMMYLANDOur Cups Runneth OverPregnant ChickenLiteral Mom, and Mommy Shorts who have all featured me this year on their blogs.  Most of my followers came from you.  I wouldn't have a blog if it weren't for your inspiration.  You are my blogging heroes.

I would have to say this was my favorite post of the year to write and it has received some of the best feedback.  You can leave a comment and tell me your favorite because I would love to know.

Here's to another year of New Mom on the Blog.
Thank you for reading.
There is so much more to come.

7 comments:

  1. I wish you had time to blog more but seeing your tweets on the Twitter is an acceptable subsititute.

    You actually give me hope that I am going to be a good mother, since we have very similar (from what I can tell) personalities, so it should be... fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Every time I see your name pop up in my comment section or in my twitter feed, it makes me smile. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogoversary! I'm so glad you're part of the blogging world! And I SO wish I had known about blogging when I was a new mom (almost 10 years ago). You are so right - it would have changed everything for me - in a good way.

    Congrats, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda:
    I have loved reading your blog this year. I had Conner a month or two after you had James. Before I had Conner I was like...please, I can handle being a parent. I'm went to law school, I have a great husband, etc. Then Conner arrived and I've had more meltdowns than I'd like to admit. I so identified with the breastfeeding posts, the going back to work post, and most of the others. Thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Girlie...now it's time for me to get all sentimental on you :). I'm SO glad you found blogging as an outlet... because then I got to "meet" you and realize how awesome you are!! So looking forward to our {we need to get it on the calendar} wiype night...and we will meet in person someday!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog! Just found you today, and so glad I did. We had a similar start to our blogs. Happy belated bloggy bday!

    ReplyDelete

Pin me!